" There are some qualities—some incorporate things,That have a double life, which thus is made
A type of that twin entity which springs
From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade.
There is a two-fold Silence—sea and shore—
Body and soul. One dwells in lonely places,
Newly with grass o'ergrown; some solemn graces,
Some human memories and tearful lore,
Render him terrorless: his name's "No More."
He is the corporate Silence: dread him not!
No power hath he of evil in himself;
But should some urgent fate (untimely lot!)
Bring thee to meet his shadow (nameless elf,
That haunteth the lone regions where hath trod
No foot of man,) commend thyself to God!"
Silence Edgar Allen Poe
Between the time when the cock crows & the seconds tick there are gateways of the dead that wash against this reality of ours. The damned come inbetween these slices & cracks in the world & the underworld. The damned crossover to torment & feed on the living. Those things that should not be & are not dead come to call. Adventurers run across the damned & pay with these encounters with their very souls & existence.
Purgatory by Venezuelan painter Cristóbal Rojas (1890)
The damned cross over during the time when the clock chimes to the hour of the dead & in dungeons dread. Down among the dead men isn't an understatement. These things that creep into our reality as trespassers among the living hunger for the flesh, souls, & existence of those who haunt the dark in search of treasures dire & deep.
Dangerous Damned Underworld
1d10 Random Mystical &
Dangerous Damned Underworld
- Three sheet phantoms tied to the shroud of a shambling king who stumbles over the chains of his own existence. They will attack any living they encounter during their hunting time on Earth. They have collected three hundred gold coins that decorate the chains of their master. These phantoms will feast on the souls of any living they can kill passing the energies on to their 'master' bound in the chains of misery.
- A bloody & bloated wraith dressed in the tatters of his former existence. The body bloody with th tortures done by demons most foul. He has over his body the written names of thirty three demons of the Abyss who have used him for writing & torture practice. He has a valuable ring of jet worth 100 gold pieces on. But he gapes at anyone as he hungers for the flesh & souls of the living.
- A trio of grinning shadows that are woven together in darkness. The trio hungers for the flesh & existence of the livng. They have and are tied to a golden bell. The bell is worth 200 gold pieces & rings each time a living person wanders near them.
- This is the resting place of a harpy with the face of prominent politician or king. The harpy makes very snide comments or sings beautifully to lure fools closer. She will attack at the drop of a hat at the mention of her beautiful wings. This sends her in foul mood. She hungers to be a real woman but it not like to happen. Her violent urges make her target the living and thier flesh.
- A strange little dwarf like man is actually the living embody of hate that has been mentioned in the darker passages of the Necronomicon. The dwarf is actually a dark fey that hungers for the souls of young foolish adventurers. He counts as a wandering & evil minor devil thing.
- A strange shape shifting hog is actually the devil incarnate. Actually he's the damn soul of a glutton that lusts for the food that the living. This nameless thing counts as a devil swine for its agenda, magick & dangerous attitude.
- A strange almagam of living tissue & flesh rolls as it goes about its business.Anyone getting in this thing's way will be consumed. There are several pieces of gold within it. The things has its own agenda & treasure worth 500 gold pieces stashed near by.
- The damned don't rest & this monster of undead & hash smoke has targeted the player's PC's. The this thing has made many advances towards the living and wants to eat the faces off anyone it can.
- The left over evil of a thousand souls congelled into a proto plasmic goo that seeks to eat anyone it can. It hates & wants to feed off othe living. It constantly changes shape reveling in the thing's nervous enegy..
- There are thirteen skeletons glowing with the fires of the undead that seek to consume the living. These things work as a unit that wishes to take down anyone it can! They have a trunk hidden near an oak tree containing 300 gold coins
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.