Dusting off the Land Iron Clads by HG Wells for this up coming game.
So we're dusting this blog entry off on Teleforce weapons for an upcoming Victorious rpg alternative history campaign session. These weapons can be very dangerous to both the enemy & those wielding them. Gadgeteers making these weapons or doing research should consult the table below.
This technology comes from a Near Earth Alternative where the Martian Invasion happened. These weapons are capable of producing very great electrical force in the range of 60,000,000 volts to propel the particles to their objective.
Teleforce weapon Range 300' Damage 2d6+1 Weight 60 lbs. Cost 4,000 dollars 1910 monies when first developing, cost lowered 200 dollars per unit in full production
1d10 Random Teleforce Mishap Table
- The user is electrocuted for 1d3 points of damage & the generator is not working
- The user is randomly stunned for 1d3 rounds
- Mutation Exposure! Roll on appropriate matrix
- The local space time is ripped open & 1d4 planar demons enter!
- The spirits of the dead begin to haunt the user for 1d4 hours
- The user hits everyone with rand of the weapon with 1d4 points of damage!
- The weapon blows up & sends the user to another plane of existence
- The user lucks out & the weapon functions normally except for some smoke & flame
- The weapon does triple damage to the target but burns out!
- The weapon acts as a beacon to things beyond which arrive in 1d3 round to claim the user's soul!