This rare glimpse into the pre pulp Russia came out in 1900 & is the perfect encounter area for those steampunk or space adventures. When you need something exotic this is the perfect jump off point. The cars, planes, monorails, etc show an alternative world where the Revolution never happened.
Snow street scooters, cars, etc its all right here. I'm thinking of grabbing these for my post apocalpyse alternative universe game. They are within the public domain & are perfect fodder for any number of games
Diesel punk Moscow Random Encounter Chart 1d10
- A group of Siberian shaman on their way to an audience with the royal houses. They're desperate for adventurers to help deal with a multi headed dragon that threatens their villages
- A group of royal youths looking for trouble & thrills. There is 1st level wizard among their ranks with cantrips.
- Communist terrorists about to cause trouble on one of the mono rails. They have a bomb & are about to use it. 1d4 # 2 hit points 2 level fighters
- A group of merchants is looking to move cargo off world & the cargo has escaped they need adventurers to help. 1d3 merchant, 200 credits fast money, cargo must be alive
- A family of peasants is being harassed by a local crime lord. The bastard is taking the family's father the sole provider of their needs. 3 snow cars & 2 snow street scooters, 2 hit point fighters, 1st level, lead by 3rd level fighter, armed with blasters
- 4 car bank robbery in which one of the cars drops the loot! The robbers are all 1st level fighters & will open up with a ray gun fight if possible. 1d6 robbers! Shoot first ask questions later
- A member of the local Firebird chapter of the Mages guild needs ingredients for his spells. A few brave adventurers are needed to brave the Moscow sewers & grab them. 1d20 credits each for 1 adventurer. He wants one magic item if found.
- A union is having a dead lock with the local spacers guild & their looking to start trouble. They need to hire a group of dopes errmm adventurers to acquire an item from the guild. They're pretty female lead will approach the adventurers with an offer.
- The city guard are after a jewel thief whose stolen a magic item & is weaving his way through the Moscow palace park. On a roll of 1d10 he trips & hurls straight into the party setting off the item. The characters will be accused of being in on the job.
- The Royal princess needs to get off world & is looking for a ship. She needs to find a shaman of legendary status & your her only hope.
If not for the Russian October Revolution...
This is a rare glimpse of how Moscow might have evolved, if communists had not come to power in 1917 (and the laws of physics had been more forgiving)...
These amazing visions appeared in Russia at the turn of the century, in 1900 - probably one of the very first truly "Futuristic / Urban" series of images ever published (issued by the Joint Stock Publishing Company "Einem")
Source: Museum of Modern History, Russia
Source: Museum of Modern History, Russia (public exhibits)