"The Eldritch Inquirer is the Official Magazine for the Eldritch Tales: Lovecraftian White Box Role-Playing game! The pages of the Inquirer hold the secrets of Mythos Earth, history, inspiration, new game mechanisms, world-building material, and a full-length Mythos scenario!"
In this inaugural issue, you will find:
- An historical chronology of the year of 1920. (10 pages)
- Manias to expand the Insanity tables in the core Eldritch Tales rules. (3 pages)
- Interesting and inspiring news articles & advertisements culled from the pages of the Arkham Advertiser, meant to be used as scenario seeds and world-building inspiration. (3 pages)
- A list of "American" names that offer 80,000 name combinations, all suitable for Eldritch Tales characters of the 1920s. (6 pages)
- The highlight of the issue, Return of the Windwalker, a full-length scenario that takes the player characters to the remote mountains of New Hampshire to investigate a new archaeological site, but they are soon embroiled in a tale of Mythos madness and mystery! Can they stop the return of the Windwalker? (31 pages)"
So the The Eldritch Inquirer #1 clocks in at sixty pages of actual usefully applicable material for The Eldritch Tales: Lovecraftian White Box Role-Playing game. The 1920's material alone is excellent offering a timeline of actual solid material that can be applied across the board to an on going 1920's OSR horror campaign. And this follows with the articles & advertisments that are in point of fact adventure seeds & hooks. And then there's the fact that many of these can be branched into their own spun off mini encounters & adventures.
The adventure within the Return of the Windwalker, is excellently done with quite a few twists & turns that actually takes place in the mountains of New England in New Hampshire. This adventure actually will put the the PC's through their paces quite nicely. But there could be some really nasty PC deaths as well. Not to mention the sanity loss. And those new sanity rules look very nice to apply across the board.
The Eldritch Inquirer #1 By Joseph D. Salvador From Raven God Games For The Eldritch Tales: Lovecraftian White Box Role-Playing game Is Available Here