Different Worlds Publications mailed me a physical copy of Haven Free City. Haven is one of the most interesting cities in old school fantasy rpg's. Haven has alot to offer & it takes its old school 1984 second edition roots on its sleeve.
Haven The Free City feels like a 'real city' & contains everything that the dungeon master needs to bring Haven to life. Each of the sections of the boxed set has a booklet that goes with a section of the city map.
And the details in the Haven box set bear this out:
"In this first of three volumes in the chronicles of the city of Haven, GMs will find more than enough material for many months of urban adventuring, including:
- Over 100 well-described shops and shopkeepers
- 60 interesting random city street encounters
- 300 personable NPCs for the players to interact with
- 25 scenario outlines to involve the adventurers with the conflicts and desires of the city's denizens"
"Haven - The Free City can be used with any fantasy role-playing system that accepts the existence of magic and a multi-racial universe, and is designed as an interrelated series with Thieves' Guild, forming the basis for a complete campaign universe. Ample space is provided for the GM to incorporate features, politics, and personalities from his own campaign into the fabric of the city. This package includes:
- An Overview of the city of Haven and the region of the Ten Cities, and explanations of the terminology used in the books;
- 7 booklets describing the 7 boroughs and neighborhoods of the city, with major families, personalities, shops, taverns, and residences, and possible adventures;
- A booklet of random encounters and statistics for all NPCs described in the text;
- 11 detailed neighborhood maps showing the locations of shops and other places of interest described in the text;
- A poster-sized color map of the entire city, showing over 100 noted landmarks."
Haven The Free City (Formerly titled The Free City of Haven) For OSR & Old School Rpg Gaming Systems