I received the Crypts & Things Rpg PDF a couple of days ago. Here are my impressions so far from a quick scan of the game.
- The game is definitely old school in every sense of the word, flipping through it is like flipping through early 80s White Dwarf issues or that feeling I got looking through Marvel Conan
- The exclusion of the cleric class doesn't hurt this game at all! There is so much more that can be done with the wizards class here
- Magic items are nasty & retain that trait we've seen in so many legends from The Ring of the Nibelung to the blood soaked tales of Howard & Lovecraft
- This is a bold game! These are tales of Epic daring due with the fun & adventure injected right in!
- There are lots of monsters that scream out."Use me" & the art work is very nicely done. Again this has the '70s feel to it. Some of them would have made bitchin' van artwork
- Since this is a Swords & Wizardry engine it runs very hard core in combat but in a bloody fast & easy style
- Again because its Swords & Wizardry it makes conversion a snap! Very nice that little bit there.
- The adventure included sets the tone in the British style of D&D similar to the bloody days of the 80s with the U series
- Characters are going to die in this & so have back ups!
- I want to run this soon!
Get the game here!
This looks Awesome!ReplyDelete
Looks great! I'm gonna have to check that out.ReplyDelete
Very very excited by this! Can't wait to get this!! Thanks for the comments folks!ReplyDelete
You had me at "bitchin' van artwork".ReplyDelete
Yeah Justin that's where they had me as well! There's more to come so stay tuned!ReplyDelete
So have you ran this yet?ReplyDelete
This Thursday Bill! So yeah I'm looking forward to it!ReplyDelete
Awesome! Please post how it goes!ReplyDelete