Adventurers are always stumbling across weird and ancient catacombs, places where the piled treasures of forty thousand years or more have been buried with royalty, scoundrels, and the rich of ages past. Here are then items of legend and mythology to cross the paths of your adventurers.
1d10 Random Catacomb Treasures & Finds Table
- Jade statuary of some ancient god thing that has stood the test of time and now waits for someone to come across it. This 4000 gold piece worth of statuary is actually the resting place of a Type V demon who waits to enact a curse upon the head of some would be thief.
- A set of Canopic jars containing the mummified brains of some ancient android A.I, the things are still alive being products of super science. They will have a malevolent and mad personality as well as 1d6 random psionic powers. The jars are worth a cool 700 gold pieces each and form part of the alien A.I. mind of this ancient creature.
- A set of bronzed and gold bones belonging to some ancient and horridly dangerous ancient yeti. They are worth 300 gold pieces but carry a special blood curse upon them.
- A small copper short sword that has within it the soul of an ancient king, the hilt is in laid with finely worked ivory and gold work. But the hilt itself is hollow and contains within it a gem with weird properties worth 600 gold pieces because of its clarity and mystical abilities.
- A small cask of ancient and potent healing droughts mystically suspended against the ravages of time decorated in silver and jet. There is a geas upon the object to do charity works in the name of some extinct god. The cask is worth 400 gold by itself and another 6000 because of the 1d10 doses of potions of healing light wounds within it.
- The bronze and gold head of some ancient and extinct god worth 600 gold pieces in the form of a mask. There is a 20% chance of someone being possessed by an ancient toad demon trapped within the confines of the thing. Only a special quest will remove the thing from the flesh of the fool donning it
- A set of seven weirdly constructed jars of cut crystal that contain the essences of ancient and clever ghosts of guardian wizards. These horrors will rise from beyond the grave to devour the souls of the living. The jars are worth five hundred gold pieces as a set to the right collectors.
- An ancient and broken magical sword whose trapped demonic inhabitant waits and wails beyond the pale for someone to stumble upon this golden and steel weapon. The demon will try to possess the first wizard or thief who comes across it. The materials of the sword itself are worth 2000 gold pieces to the right wizard.
- This is a moldering text of an ancient spell book with 1d8 ancient necromancer's spells. The book itself is actually the flayed soul of a rival necromancer bound into his own skin. The thing bleeds on occasion and feels itself decaying. It may if picked up by another necromancer reveal some of its ancient and horrid secrets of its extinct cult.
- A single chess piece made from the cut thigh bone of an ancient giant, this piece is actually a key that fits an ancient wall passage to a hidden and very dangerous gallery of forbidden and weirdly created artwork that draws upon the strange alignments of the stars that opens gates to Hell and the Abyss. Anyone standing within these places will have their souls carried into the after world by force by vile demons. The chess piece changes appearance and function depending upon the time of day and to the right collector is with 600 gold pieces to those who know what it is.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.