"Gaslight street lamps pour fitful illumination through the fog-shrouded streets of Victorian cities. Menacing figures lurk in darkened alleyways. Desperate men with nothing to lose and the determination to take what they can from others plot.
"This is an RPG where masked vigilantes pit their fantastic powers against all the evil that settled in the darkened streets of a Victorian past that both was and was not!"
"Victorious, the newest core game powered by Troll Lord Games' celebrated SIEGE engine, allows you to create a wild assortment of heroes, from the wickedly smart to the inhumanly powerful! Victorious can be scaled to meet adventure with investigators of crime, defenders of society against evil monsters, and even mad scientists foiled by masked superheroes."
• Character classes that run the gamut of Fantastic Victoriana, from Contraptionists to Magicians, to Investigators and Mesmerists and more!
• A system to create your own unique character.
• Details of life in the Victorian era, with emphasis on London and New York City.
• Combat in all its forms, and how the Supernatural can impact both melee and missile combat. Carriage chase rules are provided as well as combat from trains to ships to the air.
• An individualized magic system as well as rules to use the Castles & Crusades magic spells if desired. Conversions of characters from C&C and Victorious to each other’s rules are a
snap and guidelines are given for such.
• An introductory adventure where the death of Dr. Henry Jekyll is investigated and is not what it seems.
It's been a while since anything appeared from Troll Lord Games & miraclously a package appeared on the doorstep. And there was a huge sale & this includes one of our favorite steampunk supers games Victorious by Mark & Elizabeth Stewart. What makrs Victorious different is the origin of the supers who have time travelled to alterative Victorian era. The supers are stuck there or have settled in depending upon your perspective.
Victorious takes the usual super hero PC classes & spins them toward a steampunk streamlining of the Siege engine and it's very customizable we get the Contraptionist (gadget guy), the Hypnotist, the Inquiry Agent (Sherlock Holmes), the Magician, the Paragon (Victorian Super-men), the Radiant, the Strongman, and the Vigilante (Gaslight Batman). And this use of the Siege engine rpg in Victorious means that customization for both PC's and campaign work is easy & well done.
Mike Stewart's design & writing is done by a hobbyist and rpger who knows his subject. And there's lots of options on the table for campaign play from solid design for adventures, PC generation, several chapters on the Victorian age, equipment, well done fire arms rules, and some excellent monsters.
Unfortunately, Drivethrurpg decided to erase my copies of the Victorius Bundle and quite frankly I'm a bit upset with Drivethrurpg at the moment. I bought the bundle quite nicely from my own money ages ago when it was on sale. And Drivethrurpg better restore this bundle into my pdf library sooner rather then later.