The Human Fly was a young twenty something year old man who survived a head on car crash. This unknown man was given any number of reconstructive surgeries which replaced a good portion of his skeleton was stainless steel. He was given only a ten percent chance of walking ever again. But this is the Marvel universe in the Bronze Age of the Seventies.. And through sheer mental determination & will power this unknown man was able to not only able to walk. He was able to develop incredible strength, unflagging will power, & he was able to do incredibly complex arcobatic maneuvers. This man became 'The Human Fly' a stuntman for a wide variety of charities. But in the Marvel universe of the 70's nothing is ever a simple as it seems. Time & again the Human Fly became embroiled with various Marvel super heroes. Time & again The Human Fly fell afoul of villains trying to rob his events of the monies due charities or of super heroes who had him mixed up with a super villain sharing a similar name.
The Human Fly was is a stunt man extraordinare who in Astosning Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea is a duel classed thief of 6th & an acrobat of 4th level. The Human Fly was always running afoul of strange Pulp like circumstances. Even travelling into lost worlds such as the prehistoric Savage Land & weird underwater grottos.
The Human Fly
“I’m a stunt-man, not a crime-fighter !”
Alignment: Lawful good
Movement: 40 (swim 40)
Armour Class: 6
Hit Dice: 3
Attack Rate: 1/1 or weapon
Damage: 1d6/1d6/weapon (+3 cane of the stunt man)
Saving Throw: 16
Experience Points: 50
Treasure Class: Q
- Metal Spike - By touching a stud in his baton, the Fly can release a metal spike, essentially turning the baton into a +2 spear.
- Electric Shock - The Human Fly can release a mild electric shock from his baton by pressing one of its studs the equivalent of a chain lightning spell.
- Bola - By Pressing one of the studs in his baton, the Fly can fire a propellant charge powered bola line. This can be used both to ensnare opponents as well as to create a swing line.
- Globe Light - The head of the Fly's baton can be used as a powerful light source, activated by pressing one of the baton's studs & is the equivlant of a globe of daylight but only lasts 1d6 turns
- Knockout Gas - The Fly's baton can release knockout gas by pressing one of the studs. Victim must save vs poison or be knocked out for 1d6 hours.
The Human Fly generously donates all profits he makes as a stuntman to charity, and genuinely wants to help the unfortunate. He is more than willing to let other heroes deal with the bad guys if innocents are present. Seeing to their safety first before (inevitably) springing into action. He could easily end up on Hyperborea getting involved with other super heroes or mystic menaces such as dark wizards who could see using his audience for his stunts as a sacrifice to some unknown occult horror or Lovecraftian god. The Human Fly will bend Heaven & Earth to save any innocents. His personality will be a stark contrast to the hard Sword & Sorcery reality of Hyperborea.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.