There are things that should not be that appear from outside of time and space out in the deep wastelands. Altars from other times, locations that can cause horrible problems for surrounding communities, and all kinds of high Lovecraftian weirdness just waiting to cause problems for adventurers. But all of these locations have guardians and some of these are horrors from beyond the Outer Darkness. Here now are a small sample of these locations that can appear throughout your campaigns appearing almost overnight to reign havoc upon adventurers out in the wastes.
1d10 Random Lovecraftian Artifacts & Locations From Beyond Time and Space Table
- A ring of weird stone pylons that sings with the music of insane stars and dead worlds. Anyone stepping near this ring of stones will have to deal with hulking insane beast thing that haunts this place. Each and every pylon is inscribed with the name of some ancient demonic prince from a dead world. The ring is said to grant forbidden knowledge to those who sleep in its shadow if they survive. There is a 20% chance that those sleeping in this place will be taken to another universe in space time. There is also a 5% chance of encountering some nether beast from the darkness each time this place is encountered.
- A weird pulsing living monolith of alien flesh and organs. This thing is supposedly a piece of some ancient Outer One. There is a 20% chance of the vile thing trying to absorb anyone coming near it. The thing telepathically gibbers and whines at night. The thing will be surrounded by a pool of acidic water like liquid. The stuff will burn as a mild acid anything that touches the monolith. There will 1d8 ancient demonic guardian things circling around this thing in the sky. They will attack anyone getting to close to it. The thing may heal the body of anyone near it but it may alternatively at the same time try to render the body of anyone near it insane with a telepathic blast of mental energy.
- This giant silver eye ball watches the world with a baleful gaze. Anyone caught by this thing in the noon day sun may 10% chance be turned to stone. The eye is guarded by a trio of gorgon like cybernetic mutants. These horrors may answer any esoteric question put to them but they will demand a romantic story from the patron. The eye can see into other times and places, it may send any PC or group to one of these places displayed in the iris.
- A living giant pole of flesh and bone, this thing is topped by a stylized eagle with tendrils hanging from it. The thing is a living guardian of machine, stone, and flesh. It will seek to kill anyone running across this icon. The pole will whisper the names of twelve demonic princes names to a patron. They must exchange a bag of coins of the dead for this information or an artifact from the waste.
- This weird pile of alien flesh and bone collects stories from across the cosmos and whispers the gossip of the Outer Ones. The thing will impart one or more secrets in return for one of yours. It knows the locations of several ancient hoards of artifacts out in the wastes but its guarded by a bevy of evil cannibal nymph mutant things who will trade an audience for the manhood of an adventurer.
- A column of black stone like material that exists in twelve dimensions at once. The patron only sees one side of this thing and its presence will affect the local time space in warped and strange ways. It knows the key and gate, and it will transport one adventurer there. Or there is a 10 % chance of it sending the adventurers 'away' to some other part of the Outer Darkness. The thing is guarded by several cryptic cybernetic entities who will trade a memory for an audience or they will send assassin bots after your PC's of appropriate level.
- This giant massive tape worm thing threads its way through and under the ground while squeezing the local space time continuum. This thing will allow one to experience a previous life..This will enable PC's to know how to operate certain key events of their lives while sampling preholocaust technology. This thing is protected by a flock of faceless demon things who will demand a precious memory for an audience or they will rip the PC's apart for bothering them.
- This massive star spawn of Cthulhu ha been chained to the exiled skull of some giant nameless skull. This star spawn priest will create a telepathic nightmare of insanity upon the population of the nearest village or community. The thing will demand that it be worshiped there and then. There will 1d8 Deep One warriors protecting the thing.
- This giant meteor structure contains the mummified brain of some ancient ruler who lords over this giant bio organic network of flesh and blood. This thing has a vast library of medical knowledge but will demand one adventurer to perform and experiment upon. This thing is served by a horrid of incredible mutant things that worship death and hate all life.There will be 1d10 of these horrors armed with stone age weapons and attack without mercy.
- A star spawn of Cthulhu frozen in a block of frozen space time who has come to lead his chosen people. It is also seeking its master and wishes to communicate with dangerous super scientists to pick and eat their brains.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.