Well it looks like tonight's game was cancelled due to freezing & rain mostly from the rain hitting the ground then turning our drive way into a skating ring. Now over the past couple months there have been a huge number of Stormbringer rpg posts. Mostly due to the nostalgia that our rpg group of players has for the game. Now with that said its been a bit of three or four OSR rpg trick pony to figure out a way of marrying the interest in the Stormbringer rpg with the OSR.
One of the ways of doing that is by taking Fantastic Heroes & Witchery rpg setting that I worked which is a game campaign that stretches back all of the way to 2017 or so. And the reason why this OSR rpg system was used is because it works with the following:
And this crosses over into my Castles & Crusades Wilderlands of High Fantasy rpg campaign that's been on going for five years or so. This crossed over with my Vitorious rpg game back & forth repeatedly as a 'fish outta of water' campaign thing.
The return of Voltan into my current campaign which isn't going to happen now thanks to this blog entry!
Now these events, NPC's, etc. are not written into a huge Avengers Infinity Wars style script. Instead these were/are very loosely outlined so they can be swapped out & around. But Voltan was a big NPC reveal that was happening coming up really soon. Now NPC's will have to be rewritten & swapped around. This is why details & whatnot are left off of this blog.
- Don't panic. Let the chips fall where they may & then roll with it.
- Regroup & rewrite you outline not script campaign outline keep the details loose enough to keep the players interested.
- Never let them see you sweat. The major issues can be resolved as needed.
- Don't hold a grudge its a game & as such it can be handled during play sessions. The key to old school gaming is actual play.
- The NPC's are your tools so use them to move things along.
- Game play is play so enjoy yourself.
- Never script always campaign outline.
- Change campaign details as needed.
- Never get hamstrung by 'official' canon all canon is yours as the DM.
- Keep on moving & play!