Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.
— H. G. Wells (1898), The War of the Worlds
They're on a rescue mission for other adventurers who have gotten themselves trapped within one of the main city states of the Martians. The party set the atomic batteries to full & off they went with the sonic drill borrowing through tons of earth and rock until a chance encounter with a Martian scout machine below China. No one goes to the Martian city state of Thac-cthuanot & returns; here the Martians harvest the organs, blood, & anything organic they can get a hold of. The party's boring machine got stuck in the red weed of the Martians; the red weed (also referred to as the red creeper or the red swamp) is everywhere through out the tunnel systems & Europe sized caverns of the Martians. The stuff is used as minor power source, lubricant, bio gel, etc. its essentially analogous to the way that Hemp once had many industrial applications on Earth. They have yet to encounter the giant Martian spideriods who harvest it.
The Martian's red weed is everywhere, a prickly vegetation spreading wherever there is abundant underground water. And there are rumors of the under workers who maintain the machine systems for their other worldly masters. Human stock that has been mutated under the genetic guidance of the Martians who act as their agents throughout the Inner Earth.
They keep track of & monitor their vast inner world empire through the use of Crystal Eggs & their vast net work of psychic crystals scattered throughout their empire. The Martians use a wide variety of agents, cybernetic agents, mutates, and worse to spread their evil throughout the underworld & the wastelands above! These intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic alien minds have divided the inner Earth into a vast maze of blood soaked tunnels as they continue to ever expand their empire miles below the feet of the unsuspecting fools above. Even the worst evil below avoids contact with these alien horrors from beyond.
There is a constant of cold warfare between the Martians & the Derro all of which compete for the mutant & near human stock of the surface world. The Morlocks play both sides against the middle trading human stock and saving the choicest cuts for themselves while making a profit from the whole mess.
Meanwhile the party has upgraded their boring machine with the latest relic weaponry hauls & their on a mission into the alien heart of darkness. Who knows what twisted alien horrors they will be encountering in tonight's game? Here's a sample!
1d14 Random Dangerous Inner Earth Encounters Table
- Bleeding & confused victim of the Martian's blood harvesting who will bleed out in 1d10 minutes just long enough to describe the horrors of what he or she has seen.
- Martian Scout walker AC 6 HP 60 1d8 heat ray damage
- 1d8 giant spideriod red weed harvesters use giant spider stats Monster Manual first edition.
- War Walker tunnel mover AC 4 HP80 1d10 heat ray 200 yard range
- 1d8 homid mutant slaves
- 1d6 scout walkers armed with heat rays and ferrying in slaves AC 6 HP 60 1d8 heat ray damage
- 1d20 Morlocks armed with energy weapons in a drill machine AC7 HP 50 sonic weaponry 1d6 range 60 yards
- Serpent man sorcerer ambassador with 1d30 body guards and crew in a saucer machine AC6 30 hit points armed with death rays 1d8 range 60 yards.
- 1d10 random Martian Manta Ray war machines AC4 HP 80 Armed with heat rays 1d8 range 100 yards and photon bubble cannons 1d10 per shot range 1 mile.
- Martian drill machine AC 4 HP 60 armed with sonic drill and heat ray 1d8 per shot with a range of 30 yards. Full harvest of red weed aboard.
- 1d20 ape men warrior handlers 5th level fighters armed with heat ray pistols.
- Blood harvester & warrior walker AC 6, HP 60, armed with battle tendrils 1d6 points of damage per strike. Armed with surgical laser claws 1d4 damage capable of slicing up a man in seconds
- 1d20 spideroids armed with cutting laser weapons 1d6 AC 7 HP10
- Run away slaves being pursued by scout walkers if you help them then the scout walkers will be alerted!
Will our heroes survive? Tun in next week same inner Earth channel!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.