There are artifacts & occult talisman's left over from rites & rituals in the remote corners of ruins,dungeons & other gathering places of the supernatural. These artifacts often gain power from the very nature of the far flung fabrics of unknown universes between the shadows.
“The end is near. I hear a noise at the door, as of some immense slippery body lumbering against it. It shall not find me. God, that hand! The window! The window!”
Each of these skulls has been around for more then a few hundred years. During these times the skulls have accumulated powerful curses, weird energies, & dangerous sigils. Should the owner concentrate on trying to unravel the occult & dark meaning. There is a 20% chance of any demonic sigil having the powerful devil, demonic lord, or lady to appear before the skull's owner.
These skulls are actually cursed objects as per the 1st edition Dungeon Master's Guide & they will uncannily follow the owner appearing randomly even if destroyed.
The "sigil of Lucifer" By Ssolbergj
These skulls are often abandoned or left in ruins or dungeons as traps for the stupid & unwary. Often an aura of power seems to surround these skulls & they appear to be worth 100 gold pieces or more.
1d10 Random Sword & Sorcery Occult Fetish Skull Table
- A small bronze & gold covered skull belonging to a small humanoid. The eyes have been replaced with small garnets. The skull allows the owner to cast a 'speak with dead' spell once per week.
- Ancient beyond belief this man's skull has been covered with silver wire & the eyes replaced with two rubies. The skull allows one to gaze two weeks into the future during the new moon when seven drops of blood is placed on the skull's forehead. There are instructions writ in common on the back of the skull.
- A giant humanoid frogoid's skull has been worked & carved with a strange glyph & alien writing. Once per week the skull allows one to dimensionl door into Shadow Realms.
- There is a deadly alien worm living inside this small humanoid skull. The thing attacks like a flesh eating rot grub of unusual size & intelligence.
- This bejeweled skull of some unknown humanoid is the home to an alien ghost of level draining capacity. The ghost will try to engage its own in a telepathic conversation hinting at its dire occult secrets. This is a ruse to get the owner to give into the influence of the skull. The thing will slowly level drain the owner every seven nights until the owner is dead.
- A strange onyx skull is home to a possessor demon that uses the skull as base to spread its evil influence among teens & the unsuspecting. The thing will use a 'magic jar' ability to remove the spirit of a victim & replace it with a demonic thing. The skull appears to be worth 200 gold pieces.
- A very heavily painted & old skull is the home to a very malevolent jinn. Thing is guarding a priceless ruby within the skull & will engage a telepathic riddle contest to try to consume the soul of the victim.
- This skull is actually made of gold & provides the owner with true sight every new moon. This skull's owner can see through illusions, cons, & even elaborate spell disguises.The skull is made from the head of former high priest. '
- The living skull of an adventurer named Ernie. The skull provides a map to two nearby dungeons.
- Two former adventurers now make up this composite skull. The owner is able to commune with spirits. These spirits will try to direct the victim toward the nearest death dealing trap.. The skull itself will try & consume any stranglers that it can!