There are times when you need to let the players know that there is an epic Outer God Or Great Old One coming into their path. Roll on this table & let them know just how much trouble their planet is in!
1d30 Lovecraftian Signs & Portents Table
- There are space fleets fleeing from the incoming path of the god. They broadcast warning but leave the system as quickly as possible.
- There are 1d4 ships full of mutated & insane survivors who scream the praises of the entity coming.
- A group of 1d8 ships with its occupants fused into the deck plating enters your system. The occupants gurgle one last message of horror before expiring.
- There are 16 ships coming in & they're full of survivors. There is no response to hails. The ship is a breeder ship full of the brood of the god
- Every psychic for 1d4 light years is struck down by a psychic cry of horror & pain
- Every ghost on the planet rises up & tears apart the fabric of time & space
- The most holy & revered saint of the planet returns from the dead to warn the living of the coming of this monster
- There are still births across the planet.
- A new insanity plague spreads throughout the system warning of the coming of X
- There are weird weather patterns in space that disrupt interstellar travel for light years around.
- There are random sightings of cultists & fanatics who are not there. They exist in the corner of sensitive's eyes.
- 1d10 warrior cultists teleport down to the planet & announce the coming of their god. They're followed by another 1d100 & this is only the first wave
- There are millions of bits of space debris that randomly make their way into your system. Each bears the rune of the Outer One
- There are millions of dead aliens shunted into the local system. 1d8 randomly come to life & sing the praises of it's name
- There are 12 chests each baring the gifts of X & they shall be opened at the time of arrival
- There are 1d4 visions seen across planet announcing the visitation of his most holy
- Planetary leaders are randomly teleported away, turned inside out, & released back only to gurgle, die, & tell of its coming
- Millions of people across planet go missing & are found ritually sacrificed to X. The each bare the number of days before it appears somewhere on their body
- An invisible monster bursts from some local home & goes on a rampage announcing the coming of its father.
- Millions of people all across the planet sing the unholy praises of the monster & bust into flames at the same moment announcing its coming
- 1d8 tons of gold appear across the world. The stuff is psychically hot any mage or psychic. It bears its mark
- Millions of argro aninmals die across planet while mutation rises each limb twisted into its sign
- Magic arises across planet in people have no ability in the craft. They become the cult of it & await its arrival
- All space travel stops as one
- Weird stellar phenomeon is seen in the sky only by psychics who can't explain the feeling of doom & dread
- Mass insanity spreads from city to city & no one knows the cause. Those infected become cultists of HIM or it
- 1d4 broken & wreck space craft come into the system. They are from a nearby empire & these were their strongest ships. Each bears weird scars & energy readings only a few days old
- Crippled & weirdly mutated Navigators are seen in space ports handing out flyers & literature, warning of its coming. They bring cryptic warnings at best
- People break out in song & dance only to burst into flame 1d6 rounds later.
- A spawn of the thing appears on the lawn of the leader of the planet & demands to see the planetary head only to kill him seconds later
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.