Its been a very busy morning but last night I wanted to get back to ACKs Dwimmermount within my Godbound/Cha'alt campaign. Way back in 2017 I stumbled upon this thread about Dwimmermount on the General ACKs forums.
Another change is the fact that I'd have the megadungeon existing in both Hyberborea & the campaign's Earth setting at the same time. That's right in the jungles of Bolivia & the high alien mountains of Hyperborea the mega dungeon would be sitting there 'lost'.
Lost is a relative term but one of the other things I'll be doing is adding in Lankhmar: City of Adventure (2nd edition) for the streets, cityscape, etc. of the the dismal City-State of Khromarium. The reason is the over flow of the Hyperborean armies onto Earth side.
I really want to bring home the Hyperborean menace home coming up! Squad to squad level combat with Earth forces, Hyperboreans, & especially the high tech forces of the Cha'alt raiders. Here's where I start dusting off Adventurer, Conqueror, King's Domains at War: Battles. But before doing that I've got to look deeper into AS&SH's wargaming potential.
I've got a lot of options on the table to pull this off? But the question is what to use? The Cha'alt hard back by Venger offers quite a few insights into the mind set of the Cha'alt forces.
Can the PC's survive in a three way toss up with events accelerating?! There are certainly some options that my players have brought to the table over the last month or so. They might even shut me down with some clever moves. Tonight I'm gonna grab my copy of David Cook's X4 Master of the Desert Nomads & bring on the Cha'alt mutations!
Why does Dwimmermount's appearance matter? The other mega dungeon's influence is huge! I can't stress this enough. The adventure location is like a beacon to the forces of Chaos in my campaign.
There are several reasons for this:
- The corruption that Dwimmermount represents is huge. The impact of death & destruction is gonna be felt on a 'Lord of the Rings' level across the planet.
- Artifacts & treasure bring the pain to the locals & could spread across the planet. This lures more adventurers.
- The forces of evil themselves are drawn to the mega dungeon as well.
- Night roads are twisted around the place making it very lethal.
- Dwimmermount itself is seen as a prize for both the forces of law & chaos.
- The slavers are going to come calling for it.
- Blood & warfare follow in the wake of Dwimmermount.
- The planar nature of the megadungeon is lethal to all in its wake.
- Is there are greater force within the megadungeon that is advancing its agenda?
- Dwimmermount brings the pain when it comes to OSR adventure.