Out in the wastelands of Accursed Atlantis's wastelands there is something evil, dangerous, and incredibly ancient. 'The Eight' as it was known was worn since time before time by the ancient god emperors of Atlantis and it symbolizes the eight planar powers of the multiverse. The this relic encompasses the totality of the Atlantian pantheon of kings and queens each one has left a piece of their own spirit and soul within this item. And it is alive. Waiting for the day when yet another fool will don this item of power and learn far too late exactly what it actually is.
The Atlantian Eight Jewels are actually the prison for a powerful Lovecraftian demon lord who was locked away after the destruction of Old Earth and the passage onto the Outer Worlds. There are eight 'jewels' each representing the eight planar realms. The relic pulls on the power of the demon lord for its charges and magickal effects. Each time the relic is used a DM must roll a D10 for the number of charges that are available but there is a 10% chance of the demon lord trying to take possession of the owner of relic each time it is used. Once per day the Eight has the following abilities : Immunity to electricity and poison and they take a 3rd damage from acid, cold, as well as fire. They have the ability to gate in ghosts and minor shades of the dead as well as the abilities of a speak with the dead as per the spell.
The Eight Stones act as rings including the following :
- The milky stone acts as a +3 ring of protection named Malkruth
- The purple stone acts as a ring of chameleon power and can blend into surroundings easily and escape detection
- The red stone acts as a ring of xray vision up to twenty feet. X-ray vision can penetrate 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, or up to 3 feet of wood or dirt. Thicker substances or a thin sheet of lead blocks the vision.Using the ring is physically exhausting, causing the wearer 1 point of Constitution damage per minute after the first 10 minutes of use in a single day.
- The small white stone acts a ring of spell storing minor; the stone magically imparts to the wearer the names of all spells currently stored within it. But its greedy and will whine as well as beg for magick from the owner.
- The small green spell acts a ring of invisibility able to be cast on others.By activating this power the wearer can allow others to benefit from invisibility, as the spell.
- The central stone is a stone of mind shielding; The wearer is continually immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern her alignment.Over use of this stone makes the user cold and callus eventually turning them chaotic as well as evil.
- This stone allows one to call upon a minor air elemental once per day. The owner must make a Charisma roll to have this wild and untamed elemental do their bidding. Over use strengths the demon trapped within the Eight. The owner loses one Constitution or Wisdom point should this happen.
- The stone of command allows the owner to command others as per the spell once per day. The owner feels a rush of magick power from this stone and will ride a wave of euphoric power when using this ability. The must save vs poison not to want to give into the magick of this effect each time this ability is used.
Over use of these abilities will cause the owner to gain 1d10 horrid demonic mutations as per the Metamorphica. The owner of the Atlantian Eight Relic may attempt once per day to open a dimensional gate and space jump 1d20 light years with a party of 1d6 passengers. They will be protected from the effects of the dimensional jump. Each time this ability is used there is a 20% chance of the Atlantian Eight Relic dimensionally wandering away and stranding its owner on some far off world.
Atlantian Eight Relic is one of the fourteen relics of power of Accursed Atlantis. Many of the others have been lost to time.