I received the Crypts & Things Rpg PDF a couple of days ago. Here are my impressions so far from a quick scan of the game.
- The game is definitely old school in every sense of the word, flipping through it is like flipping through early 80s White Dwarf issues or that feeling I got looking through Marvel Conan
- The exclusion of the cleric class doesn't hurt this game at all! There is so much more that can be done with the wizards class here
- Magic items are nasty & retain that trait we've seen in so many legends from The Ring of the Nibelung to the blood soaked tales of Howard & Lovecraft
- This is a bold game! These are tales of Epic daring due with the fun & adventure injected right in!
- There are lots of monsters that scream out."Use me" & the art work is very nicely done. Again this has the '70s feel to it. Some of them would have made bitchin' van artwork
- Since this is a Swords & Wizardry engine it runs very hard core in combat but in a bloody fast & easy style
- Again because its Swords & Wizardry it makes conversion a snap! Very nice that little bit there.
- The adventure included sets the tone in the British style of D&D similar to the bloody days of the 80s with the U series
- Characters are going to die in this & so have back ups!
- I want to run this soon!
Get the game here!