As you'll recall from the original television show pitch by George Pal for his War Of The Worlds.That Matt Jeffries did the original design on the Hyperspace Carrier Pegasus as well as the original Star Ship Enterprise.
And then the Leif Ericson was used by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle as the INSS MacArthur in "The Mote In God's Eye"!
Set against an Earth recovering from the aftermath of WWIII & the failed Secondary Martian Invasion. The Earth is launched into The Tauran Wars. This time with a much more powerful alien enemy.
A group of desperate free lancers is brought together by an interstellar disaster of epic proportions
Outgunned with no fire power of their own they are pushed into an incredible gambit to obtain a starship & weapons.
Ancient enemies offer a devil's deal to this ragtag group of freedom fighters
The enemy of my enemy is not my friend & yet they embroil the PCs into the thick of things.
This will take place in between the time period of 2018-2160.
The Tauran Wars are looming & the Earth is just starting to recover from the secondary failed Martian Invasion. A series of brush fire wars with the Sarmak & some of the Mythos races.
The Rigellians have destroyed a number of orbital outposts & are in the employ of whomever will offer them cash.
Secrets of The Setting
- WW III is a result of Sarmak interference. Mutants & the like are the result of Sarmak experimentation.
- The Selenites from the First Men In the Moon are information brokers of the highest order & offer the human race a devil's bargain
- The records from WW III are fragmentary at best the various Mythos races have been operating with impunity
- There have been several organizations that have proceeded the Federation & Fleet. The still operate the various space lanes
- Magic & psionic powers are available to several isolationist colonies & the like. Think Herculoids here
- Androids were perfected decades before the start of WW III & helped with the recovery of Earth
- The universe is fraught with various races that have been operating for thousands of years before the human race ever even set foot into space. They're really not liking the intrusion.
- The Elder Gods IE Nodens & various other pantheons of gods unknown to mankind have been out in the universe but are mostly gone.
- The tradition of Gamma Knights & the like are still out in space operating as paladins with mecha
- Free lancers operate where the United Planets & Star Command can't . They act as merc forces close to private armies & the like are in the real world
- The MI Go, The Deep Ones, & other Mythos races are part of the galactic community & more then capable of dealing with man
- The Old Ones exist & are worshiped on various worlds with colony worlds of their own.
- Space Command, The Fleet, etc. exist but are fragmentary at best
- Rigellians have been taken in by the mythos & are being used as fodder for them at present
- Technology is based on reliable designs & nano technology is distrusted because of its role in WW III
- There are various political elements from the days of WW III still out in space causing trouble ie The Cryptic Alliances from Gamma World 1st & 2nd edition.
- Stars Without Number along Star Ships & Space men will be providing the background along with Terminal Space