No. Enc.: 1d4
Move: 180' (60')
Armor Class: 7
Hit Dice: 10
Attacks: 2 or 3 (see below)
A shadowy race of near men whose very presence harkens back, back to a time before the Atomic Wars when they roamed the ruins of Earth. The G'phoggoth are the next stage of evolution for a race that has existed with us since the very beginning of time.
The G'phoggoth are a larger form of this life form that has evolved & taken its place among the stars with mankind within the Human Space Empires. These creatures often take the form of men whose corpses they have devoured & take the devoured person's place in society.
Scientists dedicated to Lord Sarku & Durritlamish captured some of the elder race. Using a series of planar & nanite treatments the nature of the creatures was changed. The element of complete regeneration was introduced. These scientist had let the jinn out of the bottle. Few of the captured elder race stayed with these scientists instead they were devoured & the secret of their creation spread among the elder race. Within 15 centuries the elders were no more. They have evolved a society of secrecy & degeneration among the stars.
A lone G'phoggoth will find a colony world & spread gene affecting plague among the population & so the race spreads. Why are the race so loathed?
- The tissue of the G'phoggoth takes over the body of a victim slowly,painfully, completely transforming that person into a stage half way between biological life & undeath. These cells are a cancer. The person is in immortal but painfully so. They feel all of the pain of their body degenerating & are aware of each & every change happening within. To maintain the illusion of good health a person must feed on the corpses of the living.
- The bodies of the G'phoggoth are marvels of biological necro science- Each cell a piece of artwork with all of the information to replicate the species unless a save vs is made. The chance of infection is 1d6 each time combat is engaged with the creatures. Unless protective gear is donned
- Any remaining tissues of G'phoggoth can grow into smaller versions of the monsters with 1/2 or a 3rd of the hit points of the parent creatures
- Space Madness
- Eldrith Mind Flux - This version of the power causes all of the normal effects but causes additional pain to the target leaving anyone making their saving throw in a vicious cycle of nightmares of cannibalism. Usable 2 times a day
- Magnetic Drop Zone - Causes all delicate & electronic equipment to fail within a 30 foot radius of the user. This power may be used 3 times per day
- The Consuming Feast- This power is allows the G'phoggoth to summon forth a sheet of icy negative planar energy that does 1d8 points of damage to the target unless a save vs is made.
- Macro Regeneration -This power allows the G'phoggoth to regenerate 1 hit point per round from incredible amounts of damage even from energy weapons unless fire or plasma is applied to the wounds made. If the damage is too the head is severe enough the creature will be subject to a form of mental impairment(behavior at dungeon master's whim)
- Carnal Feeding Frenzy - The sight of overwhelming carnage will drive these monsters into a vicious feeding frenzy. The creatures attacks will be doubled for 2 rounds as the sight of food totally overwhelms them. They will not be able to tell friend or foe alike in this state. Once having fed they will return to a normal state
- The Consumed - The G'phoggoth is able to shape change into the form of a recently consumed corpse & have limited access to the thoughts, memories, & skills of the deceased. This shape change will only last one month at most & leave the creature ravenous at the end of the period. Note that this a biological change & not an illusionary one however super science powers will see through this change .