Col. Briteis: Bill Moore? Oh no General, you can't!
Gen. 'Pappy' Greene: And why not?
Col. Briteis: The big lug hates me, he's jealous of me.
Gen. 'Pappy' Greene: Now you listen to me, 'Brighteyes'...
Col. Briteis: "Bright-ice", if you please...
Gen. 'Pappy' Greene: Shut up BrightEYES, and listen to me! Major Moore is the best pilot we've got, better than you are!
Col. Briteis: But, I don't understand why you...
Gen. 'Pappy' Greene: PIPE DOWN! If he weighed 90 pounds instead of 180, he'd be a Colonel and a public hero and you'd still be a Captain. But you got the orbiting flight, ...
Project Moonbase Nuclear Boost Rocket
Fittings:Spike Drive-2, Atmospheric Configuration, Extended Life Support, 6 tons of Cargo Space
USGF Space Station Dry Dock
Power:50/8 Mass 40/1
Hit Points: 120 Crew 20/200
Speed - Armor 4 AC 9
Weaponry : Plasma Beam (+3 to hit/3d6+1, AP10)
Defenses: Hardened Polycermanic Overlay
Fittings: Armory, Braker Gun Array, Lifeboats,Cargo Lighter,Ship's Locker, Workshops, Radio Telescopes, 3,000 tons of Cargo space
The PCs are sent to a satellite dead zone on the moon to check out some unusual ruins that have recently powered up fusion reactors. The USAF sends a crew of 8 to this desolate area of the moon. The multi leveled mega dungeon ruin belonged to some long forgotten race of near men.
The PCs were surprised to find a fully functioning city devoid of people. The characters were surprised at the fact that there was a full atmosphere and a traces of habituation up to over 100 years ago.
The twelve level temple complex claimed one set of lives as a giant spider munched on one PC as she was checking out some computer records.
The players kept expecting to find The Catwomen but all they found instead were skeletons, giant spiders, and undead.
Random Encounters Within The Catwomen's Temple City
- Alien Skeleton warriors armed with swords and shield. Fight as soon as encountered.
- Psychic Ghosts of the ancient past enacting terrible pagan rights of sacrifice
- A skeleton of an unknown human dressed in a strange red uniform. The skeleton is slightly radioactive and has a strong tachyon pulse. There are the remains of some sort of equipment nearby but they have been smashed to bits.
- A poisonous serpent like alien creature AC 5, Hit Dice 2-2,Attack Bonus +8 Damage 1d6 poison bite,Saving throw 15+ Move 40' Morale 10 No# 1d6
- Ancient Construct - AC:3,HD 4, AB +6 Damage 1d8 Fist,Saving Throw 13+ Move 30' Morale 10
- Psychic Illusion - Sacrificed woman dying slowly and she beckons you for help. The illusion will cause 1d8 hours to pass around you.
- Working interocitor - This thing will try to blast you for 1d8 points of damage range 100 meters. Deranged psychic imprint runs the thing.
- Nictomorph guardians Page 153 SWN rulebook guarding an ancient treasure vault with 1d4 minor artifacts.
- A minor floating eye ball robot 4 hit points, badly damaged and only moving in right angles. It will repeat anything said to it. Otherwise useless.
- Tyrant Moon Spider AC 4, Hit Dice 10 Attack bonus: +12/+12/+12 Damage 1d10 claws,1d12 bite, Saving Throw 10+ Move:40, Morale 12
The PCs recovered an interocitor and almost bought it when a giant spider attacked them. They escaped and packed up and decided to nuke the place from orbit because it was the only way to be sure.