Recently Vault 4567 super science laboratory/ vault facility out in the wastes of New Jersey has come online and there has been a riot there. A mixed group of refugees has fled this facility looking to hook up with the 'Mutant Underground Railroad of New England.' the facility was run by first generation hybrids and was studying the mutant genomes of several mutant peoples in converted Atlas missile base and underground facility. The group of second generation hybrids and their Night People bodyguards have escaped with their families. They also taken with them a treasure beyond compare, a holographic library of the complete genetic breakdowns of both peoples. Twenty years worth of work and research are on one data A.I. core. Though encrypted this piece of technology represents the lives of the mutants. They would gladly die protecting it.
The group of 2d20 mutants are on horse back and with wagons moving through the Jersey countryside. On run through the Pine Barrens of New Jersey , this group has run afoul of the Black Knights a few times now. The Black Knights are a group of pure strain humans who use a combination of pre holocaust power armor and military hover vehicles to track down mutant specimens for clients. The Black Knights are working for the first generation Hybrids through contacts and blinds throughout Jersey.
The Barrens run from Howell all the way to Wharton State Forest and over to the ruins of Stafford township. Bayville is now a small community and supported militarily by the militia garrison at Brick. The Black Knights operate out of Brick and are part of the garrison there as well supporting some of the small farms in the area.
The refugees have run afoul of several small ambushes of the Black Knights each time relying on small tactics and the abilities of their Night People body guards to get them out of a jams but time is running out.
The Black Knights have 4 hover cars armed with small laser rifles, 6 hover cycles with twin laser pistols on them, and a small hover transport that can hold six soldiers in LEMA armors (see page 116 of the Mutant Future Rules).
The refugees have secreted several small caches of artifacts along the route of their escape for other escapees to follow later. One such catch has 1d20 artifacts that they are willing to pay adventurers with to slow down, sabotage, and delay the Knights. Thus allowing them to slip away in the darkness and confusion to make the safe towns down the Railroad's route.
The adventurers will be met by a green mutant farmer named Rockey who will approach them. Rockey is a lone local representative of the 'Mutant Underground Railroad of New England.' trying to help the escapees as best he can. There is lots of anti mutant sentiment locally and he is coping with it.
1d10 Barrens Random Encounters Table
- A gang of 1d6 mutant marauder bikers on hover bikes and armed with laser pistols looking for easy marks.
- A group of 1d8 pure strain human farmers taking their harvest of plants to market. Actually a group of Black Knight scouts looking for traces of the refugees.
- A small group of 1d6 highwaymen looking to way lay travelers. Armed with swords, black powder weapons and on horse back. These brigands will want to pursue any leads to claim the reward from the Black Knights.
- Another unrelated group of mutant farmers on their way home in a horse drawn wagon. They've been accosted by the Black Knights but have had little trouble. They will try to warn PC's of the Black Knight patrol up the road.
- A group of 1d8 Black Knight soldiers looking for trouble. Armed with Black powder rifles and short swords. They've got a radio set to warn their bosses of trouble. On horse back and returning from a small raid at a farmer's house up the road. They also have 3 medkits and a small charger rod for artifacts.
- A group of mutant refugees that's been burned out of their home. They need some medical minor medical attention and help. Hungry and thirsty as well.
- A group of mutant animal lawyers on their way to New York state. They have 1d6 mutant body guards armed with black powder weapons and laser pistols. They're on horse back and are in no mood to talk right now.
- A party of Black Knight raiders on horse back with a wagon with a LEMA power armor in the back under a tarp.
- A pride of 1d6 mutant cougars crossing the road. They will camouflage themselves as soon as some one sees them and attack. They have poison fangs, max hit points, and a very bad attitude.
- A group of 1d8 Black Kinghts in full power armor and jump packs scanning for the refugees.
-New Super Science Device -
Genetic Power Amplifier Crystal
A single grown chunk of bio crystal that allows a mutant to agument another's power for 1d8 additional turns. The crystal attunes to the sub vibrational auras of the mutants present when the user holds the crystal above his or her head. The crystals were created before the close of Shadow Years and are now far too costly to create without a super science laboratory. Each crystal is worth about 300 gold pieces and are commonly found in former super science laboratories often where the study of mutant genetics were conducted. There is a 30% chance of finding one of these items. It is rumored that these crystals were once used for teaching mutants how to use their powers but the operation of this aspect of the crystal has almost been lost.
No. Enc: 1d4 or 3d12
Movement: 150’ (50’)
Attacks: 3 or 1 (weapon, weapon and tail held weapon) or tail sweep.
Damage: by weapon type or 1d4
Hoard Class: I, II, IV, VI, VIII, IX, XIV, always 3 melee weapons (50% high tech melee weapons)
Mutations: Bizarre appearance (blue skin coloration, yellow eyes, modified hands and feet), clinging, energy ray (heat), increased physical attributes (dexterity), prehensile tail, possession, teleport, thermal vision.
Source: Nightcrawler and Nocturne from the X-men comics
More Information Right Over
Hybrids Generation II
Hybrids, Generation Two
No. Enc: 2d8
Movement: 90’ (30’)
AC: By armor type
Attacks: By weapon
Damage: by weapon
Hoard Class: VII, VIII (x4 75%), IX (x2), XV, XXI (always 1 weapon and high tech armor)
Mutations: Empathy, increased longevity, increased willpower, intellectual affinity (tinkering, martial), mental barrier, quick mind.
Source: Extinction Machine by Jonathan Maberry
More information at the D Infinity blog
More information at the D Infinity blog