- There are space fleets fleeing from the incoming path of the god. They broadcast warning but leave the system as quickly as possible.
- There are 1d4 ships full of mutated & insane survivors who scream the praises of the entity coming.
- A group of 1d8 ships with its occupants fused into the deck plating enters your system. The occupants gurgle one last message of horror before expiring.
- There are 16 ships coming in & they're full of survivors. There is no response to hails. The ship is a breeder ship full of the brood of the god
- Every psychic for 1d4 light years is struck down by a psychic cry of horror & pain
- Every ghost on the planet rises up & tears apart the fabric of time & space
- The most holy & revered saint of the planet returns from the dead to warn the living of the coming of this monster
- There are still births across the planet.
- A new insanity plague spreads throughout the system warning of the coming of X
- There are weird weather patterns in space that disrupt interstellar travel for light years around.
- There are random sightings of cultists & fanatics who are not there. They exist in the corner of sensitive's eyes.
- 1d10 warrior cultists teleport down to the planet & announce the coming of their god. They're followed by another 1d100 & this is only the first wave
- There are millions of bits of space debris that randomly make their way into your system. Each bears the rune of the Outer One
- There are millions of dead aliens shunted into the local system. 1d8 randomly come to life & sing the praises of it's name
- There are 12 chests each baring the gifts of X & they shall be opened at the time of arrival
- There are 1d4 visions seen across planet announcing the visitation of his most holy
- Planetary leaders are randomly teleported away, turned inside out, & released back only to gurgle, die, & tell of its coming
- Millions of people across planet go missing & are found ritually sacrificed to X. The each bare the number of days before it appears somewhere on their body
- An invisible monster bursts from some local home & goes on a rampage announcing the coming of its father.
- Millions of people all across the planet sing the unholy praises of the monster & bust into flames at the same moment announcing its coming
- 1d8 tons of gold appear across the world. The stuff is psychically hot any mage or psychic. It bears its mark
- Millions of argro aninmals die across planet while mutation rises each limb twisted into its sign
- Magic arises across planet in people have no ability in the craft. They become the cult of it & await its arrival
- All space travel stops as one
- Weird stellar phenomeon is seen in the sky only by psychics who can't explain the feeling of doom & dread
- Mass insanity spreads from city to city & no one knows the cause. Those infected become cultists of HIM or it
- 1d4 broken & wreck space craft come into the system. They are from a nearby empire & these were their strongest ships. Each bears weird scars & energy readings only a few days old
- Crippled & weirdly mutated Navigators are seen in space ports handing out flyers & literature, warning of its coming. They bring cryptic warnings at best
- People break out in song & dance only to burst into flame 1d6 rounds later.
- A spawn of the thing appears on the lawn of the leader of the planet & demands to see the planetary head only to kill him seconds later
Sunday, November 11, 2012
1d30 Lovecraftian Signs & Portents For Your Old School Space Opera
There are times when you need to let the players know that there is an epic Outer God Or Great Old One coming into their path. Roll on this table & let them know just how much trouble their planet is in!
1d30 Lovecraftian Signs & Portents Table