- Challenge your players with flying fiends like the flaming Dragonfire or the rampaging Flynocerous!
- Oceanic adventures await with aquatic adversaries such as the Flamewhale, Oceanbrood, and Crabhemoth!
- Mutant menaces like the Pumpking and Brain Lord lurk in the hidden shadows and manipulate their eager minions!
The Deviant Database is a product of the deranged mind of Sniderman. My printer was busy this afternoon whizzing these twisted pages out. I assembled & began to read through them while getting my mind ready for another game session on Sunday.
These are well thought out monsters made especially for Mutant Future. They've been collected, created, & mutated for your table top.
These things run the gamut. From air & flying menaces to mutants that would fit right at home in an urban enviroment. These are monsters that I can actually see using.
The art work throughout is old school. These are monsters that have appeared in the Savage Afterworld blog but they've been refined, cleaned up, & are ready to go.
The book is illustrated though out with an old school awesomeness vibe. The book is very well laid out & very easy to read. These are big pluses in my book.. This isn't Sniderman's first run around the blog with publishing. His stuff has appeared in Fight On as well. The man is a competent monster writer. These are great mutant menaces to pepper your PCs with. There is a warning though. Even though these are perfectly balance monsters a few of them are final objectives or boss monsters. They will chew a party up so caution should be taken.
Do I think that at 80 plus pages including index that the pdf is worth it? Yes I do hands down.
Its well written, cleanly laid out, & a great addition to a DM's tool box
Using The Deviant Database In A Space Opera Setting
Well here's the real deal on this book. A DM needs as many monsters as he can get his hands on. Seriously with the release of Star Ships & Space Men second edition my notes are filling up fast. This book presents 90 monsters that will double for both post apocalyptic mutants,alien menaces, left over bio weapons & mutant left over monsters for Labyrinth Lord.
Lets quickly talk about the break down of these monsters & where they can be used.
- Challenge your players with flying fiends like the flaming Dragonfire or the rampaging Flynocerous! These right here are your countryside or small town ruin monsters. Stick em in & your ready to rock. The away party is going quickly get flattened by this type.
- Oceanic adventures await with aquatic adversaries such as the Flamewhale, Oceanbrood, and Crabhemoth!. These are perfect for both the Labyrinth Lord Sea Druid style underwater forbidden ruins or the Lost World star trek style dealings
- Mutant menaces like the Pumpking and Brain Lord lurk in the hidden shadows and manipulate their eager minions! These & there are a few in the book are great for your space port, urban wasteland (think the new Judge Dread movie here) or planetary romance ala Labyrinth Lord.
Bottomline is that Tim Snider aka Sniderman has made another solid monster book. For 6.00 you get 90 monsters that have entertained & killed lots of PCs in the wastelands! This is them in one place, easily accessible & solidly done! Nice Job Sniderman!