"Atari Force" is a set of comics following a single story arc that was set at a later date than the five smaller Atari force issues that were included with various 2600 games.
Wait, so Mike Baron wrote for it and José Luis García-López penciled some amazingly fluid art!?
If you want to read the original issues of the comics that preceded this one you can find those right Here
ATARI FORCE & THE OSR
It probably informs a lot of how I run outer space settings. Some stuff right off the top of my head about this series include:
- Plane traveling & a neat little variant on the wagon train across the stars.
- Lots of aliens that can be "borrowed" & exploited
- Some cool gadgets that you can use for your game
- A chaos god that isn't in the mold of 40k or it might be an Outer God
- How to use the thief class effectively in a science fiction setting that isn't annoying or simply there for comic relief. See Pack rat for details
- How to use the assassin in a science fiction setting & retain a neutral good alignment