GRAB IT RIGHT
Hi my name is Eric and I'm a sword and planet slut. I admit my problem is that I love science fantasy worlds and settings. Personally I blame Edgar Rice Burroughs and my dad for this disease and its not getting better when I've got friends like Noah Stevens feeding free sword & planet settings like Xuhlan. This is sort of Conan on Tatootine for OD&D,and all retroclones. It it basically clocks out at forty two pages of old scholl awesomeness.
According to the authors blog -
In this pdf you will find:
* A campaign map with one interesting feature for each of the 99 hexes
* A description of the city of Yankara with important places, people, factions and rumours
* New monsters, including the Alien Gods
* House rules for psionic powers and combat
* Super-science artefacts, including the Witch Stones
* Other bits and pieces for science fantasy campaigns
It's basically got everything you need to go adventuring on a pretty solid little sword and planet setting in the old school tradition. And yes I enjoyed the hell out if it. Its got everything you need to get started with your players in an alternative sword and planet setting right now! There's even an appendix 'N' and its freaking free so grab it tonight and start in on it!
But what the hell are you going to do with it? Well this would make a great port over setting for a Warriors of The Red Planet party or put over your Swords and Wizardry PC's to liven things up with some alien horrors from the depths of Xuhlan's dungeons and ruins tables. Really there's a ton of stuff that this setting can be used for. Its not a bad little setting to play with.