Aquatic Cities appeared over and over again in old school post apocalyptic rpg's such as a Gamma World and more recently in the follow up fan module Rapture From The Deep.
This book was from the 1979 The Usborne Book of The Future. This book tried to give a glimpse into our possible future. The book is available for free download from the Internet Archive and the illustrations are still great for illustrating some of the old school 'Gamma Technology'.
- They make excellent former corporate headquarters usually controlled by a deranged A.I. with android troops.
- They make excellent treasure rooms especially the mineral collections and gold deep sea collecting operations. Insert giant tape wyrms.
- Deep sea going nuclear holocaust survivors with mecha or giant robots.
Possible Random Deep Sea Encounters
- 1d8 Deep Ones hunting troop after human sacrifices & dinner victims
- A group of 1d8 mutant Gillmen hunters going after salvage HP 2 AC 8 Armed with Spears
- 1d6 Giant Sea Spiders AC 7 HD 4 Damage 1d4 plus save vs poison if bit
- 1d6 Mutant Sea Farmers with harvest plants,herbs, and food crops
- 1d4 Giant Mutant Sea Slugs (metal eaters & flesh eaters)
- 1d6 Giant Tape Worms AC 6 HP 5 Dam 1d4 plus infection
- 1d8 Aquatic probots from a nearby deep sea community looking for raiding potential targets
- 1d4 mutant Carpoids after anything they can steal.
- Underwater cloakers tribesmen working for the local cult of Cthulhu. Looking for sacrifices
- 1d8 Giant Mutant Crabs looking for a meal