Last night my players & I got together & began the Weds night game of Human Space Empires. The party hooked up their ship with a space wreck deep within the unstable planar regions of hyperspace.
Clarification -Hyperspace is a rolling foamed filled quantum bubble sub reality where planes phase in & out of such, it at times resembles the astral or the ethereal with qualities all of its own. Yes it cuts down on travel time but its a bear to get around. Psychic powers are a must & sometimes not having eyes is an advantage. There are a huge ecology within the rolling half spaces of hyper-dimensional space.
The party came across a space wreck of indeterminate origin & scanned it. They began matching courses & finally docked within the ship.
|Imp Class A not very smart|
After a few encounters with some of the hordes of undead that were aboard it was time to get down to business. That's when the zombies popped up
- Strange space charts detailing hidden fuel dumps & atomatated fuel stations along the routes
- A code book containing the launch codes for family atomics
- A map of a planetiod that doesn't exist.
- A secretary droid in gleaming chrome but only 2 ft tall
A few engineering rolls & the droid was active revealing the details of a family feud over 200 years gone. Two brothers fighting over the estate of their father who hadn't left a will. One brother launched himself & the entire contents of his house hold into space. The undead were his household who had sacrificed themselves as was his planet's custom. This ship is his tomb & he has been roaming the space ways ever since. The master is still aboard with his armor.The imps are a pox left by a scientist hired by the other brother.
- The ship upon which the party found itself on belonged to a genesis knight. The genesis knights were a group of powered armored knights who had corporate sponsorship. They named themselves after any number of characters from mythology of old Earth.