Flight has some really great things going for it. For example the whole movie could take place in a "Fall Out" Style retro future universe. The costumes, colors, etc are all very snap shot moment in time which means this has some great cross over potential for any of the Goblinoid families of games. Especially Mutant Future and Star Ships and Space Men Second Edition.
Plot according To Wiki:
- Scholar Scientists 3 hit points in full atmosphere suits, standard blasters 1d4 points of damage 50 yard range
- Sand Rays 2 hit points each but capable of swallowing a man for 2 points of damage
- Degenerate cavemen red men 2 hit points each and armed with spears, clubs, rocks. Very cunning though. 50% chance of mutations
- Hover cycle riders 3 hit points each and armed with stunners. Slavers traveling in a slave barge
- Armed mutant thugs looking for trouble 1d4 # 2 hit points and armed with blasters 1d4 points of damage and 30 yard range
- Mutant Psionic overlord and slave party, 4 hit points and 1d4 random psychic powers. Armed with a vibro sword +1 and a ray pistol 4 hit points of damage and 40 yard range
- Warriors of the Waste land in hover car, 1d4 2nd level raiders in a hover car looking for trouble armed with blaster rifles 1d4 points of damage 70 yard range
- Martian Walkers 4 hit points each armed with 1d6 damage heat rays and 70 yard range scouts
- 1d6 red men mutant slaves escaped from caravan
- 1d4 Brain lasher warriors in a flyer looking for slaves and trouble. 1d4 random mutations
- Degenerate Red men neanderthals raiding party 4 hit points, spears 20% chance of mutant powers
- Mutant Plant Monsters Cloud 1d10 hit points, spore implantation attack 1d4 damage
- Mutant Raiding party 1d10 hover cars, 1d4 hit points 40% mutant powers
- Dust Demon 4 hit points, level drain attack
- Veterans of The Psychic Wars - Recruiting & looking for a fire, food, etc
- Hallucination Dealer - Time Lost ,2 hit points 6 bodyguards, 3 hit points each
- Night Wolves 3 hit points ~ wolves 1d10 # powers as per blink dogs
- Damned Soldiers~ 3 hit points,# 1d10 on Nightmares armed with machine guns 1d4 damage
- Sonic Attack UFOS 1d3 # ,3 hit points, sonic attack 1d4
- Degenerate Red men neanderthals raiding party 4 hit points, spears 20% of mutant powers
Like its companion movie Flight to Mars is really a blank canvas that you as a DM can paint with. The sky is really the limit here. For my post apocalyptic Mars game this movie really offered me an opportunity to go to town.
The 40s post WWII gear and space leathers from these films are great for a DM trying to create a retro futuristic campaign especially on Mars. Simply add your favorite Martian element and your ready to go.
This sort of campaign is perfect for X plorers, Mutant Future, or any number of science fantasy retroclones. This would also make a great intro game for something like Terminal Space as well.
For further options go over here and take a look at Rocket Ship X-M for more Martian thrills